Caspian flies out permanently on July 30th. I turn my two weeks' notice in on Monday, July 26th. Meanwhile, I pack and pack and pack some more. We already have all of our boxes and bubble wrap. All I need to do is make sure to write up a detailed inventory as I box things up, since Canadian border control needs that information to allow our schtuff to get into the country.
I already boxed up a lot of Caspian's books - they will probably fill 5 boxes. My books will also fill 5. That's a lot of books. I also boxed up unused linens, curtains, furniture covers and pillows. Sometime soon, I'm going to have to carefully wrap up our French casserole dishes (which we never use), Japanese tea set, glass pitchers and tea pots, since it's unlikely that I'll need them before August 24th - the day I fly out. Moving day is the 23rd of August.
Lovely and I are driving together from August 10-20 to west coast Michigan for ten days of sun, leisure, coffee, family and nostalgia. I plan to hike, have early morning coffee at my favorite haunts, visit my favorite candy store, play cribbage with my grandma, go to the beach, and sit on the deck overlooking the river while drinking root beer and listening to the wrens sing.
No comments:
Post a Comment