We celebrated Caspian's birthday all weekend, with plenty of homemade dessert, several outings for dinner with good company, and his mother bought us tickets to three season shows of our choice at the Montreal Opera... I guess it's my duty to see Rigoletto again! Ha. It is different every time.
Oops, Jesper (our orange cat) just puked in his water bowl. Must go take care of that.
Whew, back. Blech. Friday night, we spent some time with Rooney, Lovely and my mother at our place, where I made yellow cake and vanilla pudding. I cubed the cake while still warm, poured the still-warm pudding over it, and mixed it with bananas and strawberries. We served it with whipped cream, and it was probably the most delicious thing I've eaten in awhile.
That night, our guests were waiting for an extreme line of thunderstorms to pass before driving home. We sat on the porch at midnight, listening to the rain. Suddenly, a gust blew the raindrops into thick, driving mist, which hit like a wall of water. That moment, just before the rain wall hit and my face was into the storm-smelling breeze was like the moment you wake up after a deep sleep and you haven't yet remembered that you're supposed to be a living, breathing, productive member of society.
It's my bedtime. I dread tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment