The precision of Haydn sets me in order. A year of almost completely Romantic and Impressionistic music does take its toll. To think - these intervals and rests and little notes on their stems bloomed upon a page (of vellum?) 226 years ago.
Sonate in, er, G, is one of my audition pieces.
Today was my first 9-hour day of four this week. I worked all nine of them, and much of it was very cerebral and interactive. Craziness. I came home feeling less tired than I would if I had struggled all day to find something to do.
I came home, and Caspian grilled chicken thighs - don't do it. Grilled chicken thighs apparently don't turn out too well. We fed some to the pleading kitties, and ate spinach salad with eggs, walnuts, mozzarella, avocado and vinaigrette - and split a Blue Moon. Now, I hope to finish the second chapter of Linguistics before bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment