Everybody has 'em, some more than others.
I'm going to have a few of my own in the not-so-distant future.
So what characterizes a day of glory? It's not the same as a day of accomplishment; those are pretty common for me, and probably for you, too. I don't think that a really lucky day is a day of glory either, since it didn't involve any effort on the part of the lucky one. I guess a day of glory is the culmination of passion and work and guts, all at once, relatively publicly, in a short span of time. I think my master's graduation was one of those times, considering how self-righteously proud I was of my 4.0 GPA, my standing at the top of my class and the awards I managed to snag. I think giving birth constitutes a day of glory, and so does rocking a piano performance. Getting married was a day of glory.
Getting a job doesn't have to be a day of glory, since it isn't necessarily the proper melange of passion and guts and striving, but I guess it could be. Moving to a foreign country isn't a day of glory, since it's not really a day. Certainly my first day here was not a day of glory, although it was a day of striving and guts.
I am in desperate need of a day of glory, and only I can make it happen. I'm working on it. I am going to excel, and some will recognize me as something just a little bit extraordinary.
That's really all I want - to be a custom human being with lots of after-market features and modifications. And not just simply modified - entrepreneurially and artistically sculpted. Don't you want to haunt people's dreams? To be an inspiration? To be lovelier or more talented than anybody else in a given room? To pass a man on the street and with one glance cause him to wonder who you are? To change the very way another mind works?
No comments:
Post a Comment