Thursday, September 23, 2010

Littles, French and Bathrobe Coats


Kiska and Jesper, our little polar opposites.  You can tell by their poses that Kiska (white) is the shy, OCD one and Jesper (orange) is the sunny, gregarious one.  Kiska suspects something, as evidenced by her little peeking eye.  They are snoozing on a wool rug hand-woven by my gramma 30 years ago.

I wish we had French class every day.  When I first came to Montreal, French sounded absolutely bizarre to me, especially after 5 years of Japanese.  I took three years of Latin, one year of ancient Greek and one year of French in high school, but it's been so long since the French that it was like a completely new language.  After encountering it constantly for the past month (has it been that long?!?), not only am I used to French, but it is comprehensible - if spoken relatively slowly.  The sounds of French make sense now and fit nicely into little categories, whereas before, there seemed to be a bazillion different sounds.

I finished my bathrobe coat this morning!  It's not really a bathrobe, but it's voluminous, falls to my ankles and has a cowl-neck collar, which gives it a sort of decadent, bathroby flair.  Very nice, and all of that wool herringbone will be so warm and cozy this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment