Saturday, June 1, 2013

I'm Kinda Surprised

That 4.5 hours of sleep seemed to be enough for a productive day at work, and I have suffered no ill effects (other than persistent tinnitus) from the SUPER AWESOME AMAZING INCREDIBLE HIGH CONTRAST SHOW THAT I WENT TO ON THURSDAY NIGHT!  AGLAGLAGLAGL!

High Contrast, AKA Link Barrett, 6/30/2013

I was so impressed.  He was humble and amused and interacted so genuinely with his audience.  He is one of those rare and truly skilled DJs who work with series of mixing panels, turntables and macbooks to somehow formulate completely new and dynamic music in real time, and every.  Single.  Mix.  Blew my mind.  I don't even know what they do when they're up on the deck surrounded by control panels, pressing buttons and flipping switches, but it must be close to magic.

If it had been a Friday night, I would have stayed past 3 for sure.  He has had such a huge influence on me since 2005, I'd like to just give him a big ol' hug.

Monday evening at arount 7 pm pire, I walked across the stage at McGill and received my diploma.



Afterward, Caspian and I went to the candy store and loaded up on malted milk balls, licorice jawbreakers and smooth & melties.  We have yet to open the champagne - perhaps tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment