Friday, June 15, 2012

Chin chin!

Je ne le crois pas...  J'ai fini niveau 3!  Ça fait longtemps depuis j'ai posté.  Je crée des nouveaux mots, excusez-moi.  Donc, oui, shit got real.  Mais, je pense que je suis fonctionnelle en français maintenant.  Sûr, ma grammaire est terrible parfois, et je ne sais pas toute la vocabulaire, mais je bien comprends et peux repondre awesomely quand je suis dans le droit état d'esprit.  Je suis sûr que je fais beaucoup de erreurs ici!  Je me promets que je ne utilise rien des utiles comme Google Translate...  C'est seulement pour pratiquer mon français.

For the first four weeks of this last level, which was complete immersion, I was utterly blocked.  But two weeks ago, I woke up and suddenly French clicked into place.  I can use relatively complex sentence structures (but not a couple of important tenses, like the subjunctive or conditionals), speak fluidly and with excellent pronunciation.  It's absolutely true, and I'm just so fucking proud of myself today, the day of the last two final exams.  So fucking proud.  It's not much longer now.

It is such a joy to be alive!  Nine days, free of work and school, stretch before me, to be filled with afternoons of lying in the garden in my yellow bikini, painting furniture bright colors, cooking excellent meals, reading and watching Sailormoon (I am on like episode 60/200 right now, and I still feel like I got an A somehow).  I haven't had a single day off for thirteen weeks, including weekends.  I am sure you don't blame me for forgetting to post for almost a month.  ;)

I made things even more challenging by starting my very first 30 Day Challenge (see www.ted.com)...  To run 5k every morning at 6:15 AM for the next month.  I realized on day 4 that this is unreasonable, and amended it with "running interspersed with days of weight lifting."  I'm on day 7 today and I find it very easy and simple to wake up 40 minutes earlier to get in some extra exercise.  I feel closer to my ancient ancestors, closer to the earth, when I run in the morning.  There are a few moments when most of the city is asleep but everything else is wide awake.  Why sleep through it?

Finally, all of my tuition is paid, through level 5 (the final level).  I will obtain, fingers crossed, my certificate of proficiency at the beginning of December, 2012.  And I will have accomplished my "30-years-old goal," which is to become fluent in another language.  I could cry right now I am so happy.  WAIT.  Still two levels to go.

Level 4 begins in 9 days.  BRING IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment