Friday, February 17, 2012

Fronching it Up

One more week, and I will have completed almost three college semesters (1.5 years of a 4 credit hour course) of French in six weeks.  That's 210 hours of class time, not counting homework or studying for exams (not that I've done a whole lot of studying).  I did tons of homework, I did it ALL, required, not required, suggested and even some stuff on my own.  I completed ALL pronunciation lab work.  I scored 95% or above on all of my exams so far, oral, listening, writing, reading and improvisation.  I didn't miss a day.

I'm adamant that I can't lose any of it.  It was expensive, and the school/program is world-renowned.  I'm particularly worried that I'm going to forget, since it was a lot of information crammed into a small period of time.  Foreign languages require quite a bit of what my dad calls "sink time," when your brain soaks it in and fixes it into place.  Maybe I will study during the week break between levels?

In other news, I'm reliving my teenagerhood by reading ALL of Tamora Pierce's books, now followed by Garth Nix's Abhorsen series.  Seems to fit well with all the studying and stuff.  Wait.  Did I study when I was  teenager?

Nop.

2 comments:

  1. I reread The Song of the Lioness books in December. They're some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I also love the Wild Magic series, and read it again, too!

    ReplyDelete