Monday, January 9, 2012

On another random note...

I've never been a huge fan of dubstep; I heard it for the first time maybe 6 or 7 years ago and was too enamored of IDB and liquid to really give it a second thought...  But everybody has been hating almost universally on Skrillex so much recently that I downloaded Bangarang to see why...

And I heard a bunch of fun, club-friendly party music.  It's fun as hell!  Makes me want to dress up in shiny silver lycra and thrash around while doing the dishes.  If you know me at all, you're aware that my musical tastes are incredibly broad and I've heard a lot of stuff I hate, and Bangarang...  Really wasn't it.  The guy is 23, has achieved wild success with the general populace producing dubstep of all things (a miracle in itself) and is rich beyond my wildest imaginings.  I ain't gonna hate on him!  Party on, dude.

This from the girl who adores Joe Hisaishi, Frank Sinatra, Peter Gabriel, Klute, Astor Piazzolla and...  The Backstreet Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment