- Felix and I finalized our contract; we're definitely doing the showdance, and I'm pretty much terrified.
- I worked a lot and wasn't too disconsolate, discontent or unhappy; I even studied French for several hours!
- I bought fetish gear for part of my Halloween costume; skintight black lycra from top of head to toe, completely blank face.
- Managed to complete one full circuit of Viennese waltz alternating between natural and reverse, WITH good connection without crashing into the wall or other people.
- Got called out by a bunch of dicks on the street when they asked my husband, Caspian, how much he spent for a night with me. I was in the black bodysuit.
- Watched my husband kiss a man. Or get kissed by, I guess.
- Got teased (good-naturedly) for being a) a "straight-laced American," b) not bisexual, c) not a swinger and d) immature because of it.
- Had probably 12 or so drinks in one night. 'S really all I can handle.
And, I get so angry when people treat me like an ingenue. So what if I am one. I guess I sort of invite it.
Need to play some Katamari to burn off some anger; nothing like rolling up people and everyday objects into a giant ball of insanity to settle one's nerves.
I like this word ingenue. Learn something new every day.
ReplyDeleteI don't think people were teasing you for not being bi, it's just that you got so riled up that it was easy to continue.
It's okay to be straight-laced (and straight, for that matter). I get that you got a little pissed, and sadly, that's why it turned into a thing. If you were jaded (like me), there'd be no fun in teasing you. ;)
Have you noticed that men very rarely get teased for not wanting to kiss other men? Why is it only the girls who have to be "adventurous"? What's up with that?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI have been teased about being an ingenue since I can remember (and certainly for far less scandalous things than swinging or bisexuality). And I probably will be for the rest of my life. :(
ReplyDeleteNext time, may I suggest diverting their attention to straight-laced Britons or Germans :)
-rh
We should find our way to somehow use our airs of innocence to our advantage, rather than allowing our goats to be gotten!
ReplyDeleteAnd I shouldn't be so susceptible to trolling, either. I should also probably delete that massive, tangential, ranty comment for posterity's sake. I don't even know what that term really means but I've always wanted to use it.
Note to self: No blogging (or commenting) during Super Bitch Mode.