Caspian and I rolled in at around 2 AM last night after a 14-hour drive from VA, where we stayed with Natty and Pepper for eight days. As soon as I stepped out of the car, I discovered a well-dressed young man urinating in my neighbor's beautiful irises.
I ate (and I am only listing the unhealthy stuff):
- Chick-fil-a with biscuits
- Three or four generous pieces of ultra-dense death-by-chocolate cake
- Several homemade cookies crammed full of Ghirardelli dark chocolate wafers
- Plenty of ice cream with chocolate sauce
- A kilo of Twizzlers (not exaggerating)
- Tons of southern pork and chicken barbecue
- Boulder-sized hush puppies deep fried to a deep brown and slathered with marmalade butter
- White chicken chili infused with plenty of crème fraiche
- Chocolate pudding
- Mountains of movie popcorn with pretzel M&Ms and Skittles
- Chicken nuggets and a pile of fries
- At least a bottle of Prosecco, half a bottle of wine, half a pitcher of Newcastle, a margarita
- A box of Lucky Charms
My exercise:
- 5 or 6 miles hiked in the Cascades (or ran, since I had to pee really bad for almost that entire hike)
- 13 miles jogged along the Roanoke River and on the Roanoke Mtn. trails
- 1.5 miles wandered around the neighborhood, looking for cats to pet
- 1 hour of ultra-deep massage (I felt like I had lifted weights for 3 hours the next morning)
- Three hours of dancing
I gained:
- 1.5 lbs.
I feel like I made out okay! Not scot-free, but I definitely enjoyed myself without restraints (well, I did kick myself the whole time for eating crap, but if that was my payment for 1.5 lbs. gained, it was totally worth it). My parents gifted us with five additional 5-piece place settings of our Portuguese spal porcelain wedding dishware and had them expedited to N&P's house so we could drive them back to Québec ourselves. At the border, at around midnight, I was so loopy that I told the customs officer that they were worth $3000.
More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment