I was recalling the post I wrote many moons ago, when I first arrived in Montréal and Caspian and I were taking a walk around our little section of town, just east of Westmount. I felt cornered and intimidated by the city.
Tonight, on this cool, breezy spring evening, we took a walk along Maisonneuve, and I felt exactly the opposite. I was entertained by the strange people we passed, the many languages we heard, the faces from all over the world. Cooking smells of five countries mingled together in one block. I knew where I was, and where I could find the most beautiful gardens. I loved the vista and the liveliness and the greenish sheets of skyscraper glass etched by the sunset clouds. I really love this place. I love Caspian, even though he won't skip and hop and sprint about with me; he sort of waits, sedately strolling, until I'm finished frolicking. I want to be a child like this forever.
Felix and I were up early yesterday morning for our tango lesson with Pierre Allaire. After our lesson, Felix and he were talking about me behind my back as I was changing. P asked him if there were any problems stemming from us speaking different languages; Felix laughed and said, "When little kids play together, is language ever an issue?" I love it. We are just like kids. Both Pierre and Mireille asserted their shared belief that I am the best partner of all time for Felix, in personality, motivation, skill and body type. Felix reported all of this to me later, during brunch (blueberry crepes and coffee!), and I was tickled and totally high-fiving myself for tango well danced. And then we practiced for 2 hours after brunch, lugging our full tummies around twist turns... I lie. We danced beautifully.
It's kind of sickeningly boring when I'm content and write blog posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment