Thursday, December 16, 2010

Silly Dance Partners

So I was just thinking about Felix, my dance partner.  He cancelled our 2-hour practice this week because he has a couple of Brasilian guests to show around town, and I was disappointed but understanding, of course.  It may sound kind of silly, but I miss his carefree attitude!  I miss dancing.

I named him Felix because he is indomitably happy-go-lucky.  He went to theatre school for many years and has a very expressive, funny voice.  I heard it in my head today as I was chasse-ing over to make a PBJ, screeching "WINNER!  WINNER!" like the insane mom does in the movie Strictly Ballroom to try to get her son to dance like a "winner."  Only, when Felix screeches it, it's in a baritone's falsetto, and it sounds more like "WEENER!  WEENER!" with the great, overemphasized ER that Quebecois tend to use.

And when he says "yes" in an explanatory or apologetic way, he says it with his mouth almost closed with this hilarious cadence that makes me laugh every time.  I think he's actually saying "oui" in "yes" form.

No comments:

Post a Comment