So I'm pining for Caspian today. It's been two weeks since he left. Totally lame! And distracting! Little stupid things remind me that we are apart, as cheesy as it sounds. My gramma said the simple words "oh, this" at a particular pitch, which reminded me of a duet from The Mikado, and of course I had to look up the news spot covering last spring's show on YouTube and watch him rehearse. Twice, my heart all a-flutter. Such clandestine research sounds like the domain of a hopelessly-in-unrequited-love, starry-eyed young high school student obsessing over an out-of-reach crush. I guess our love has been unrequited for about two weeks. Heh.
Not like I haven't kept busy here in my homeland - I've run probably about 25 miles, walked probably 5 and biked maybe 20. I've eaten close to a lb. of candy, studied French diligently, read books, explored the deserted town all through the night by bike while the cicadas scolded us, ventured through the cemetery, ridden through Duncan's Woods at 1 AM in total darkness. I've stayed up until the wee hours playing a Sega Dreamcast turned original Nintendo - Kirby's Adventure, of course. Lovely, G and I have visited our favorite haunts, like the jewelry store, the ice cream stand, the waterfront, the pier at sunset, the candy and liquor store (twice), the coffee house (three times), R's store downtown. I spent "a bit" of money on a clothing-related shopping spree for myself and for Lovely's birthday. We visited the kitties in the pet store. We watched the meteors streak over the distant, watery horizon, standing on the beach at midnight with our heads craning upwards and the waves lapping at our feet.
What the heck are we going to do for the rest of the week?!
No comments:
Post a Comment